Rams NewswireRams NewswireRams Newswire
  • News
  • Rumors
  • Schedule
  • About
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
Reading: Aaron Donald Has Second Official Workout With Rams
Font ResizerAa
Rams NewswireRams Newswire
Font ResizerAa
Search
Follow US
© 2024 Medium Large Sports Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Rams Newswire > News > Aaron Donald Has Second Official Workout With Rams
News

Aaron Donald Has Second Official Workout With Rams

Matt Borelli
Matt Borelli
Published: August 17, 2026
3 Min Read
Aaron Donald, Rams
Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
SHARE

Aaron Donald had another workout with the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday, according to the NFL transactions page.

The 10-time Pro Bowler previously worked out for the team at the start of the month as he considers a potential NFL comeback.

While signs continue to point to Donald returning to the Rams this season, head coach Sean McVay does not know when an official decision will be made, via Sarah Barshop of ESPN:

“What I don’t want is to sit here and do is put a timeline on it, then something comes up where I have to push it back,” McVay said after the Rams’ preseason opener in Kansas City on Saturday night. “… So, if he puts himself in a position where he says yes or no, I think he has earned the right to have clarity on that. We are not at that point quite yet.

“I am hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later, but I also want to respect when he does feel that clarity will come, I think there is a chance we will be closer to that than not. But again, I don’t want to say too much or put some sort of invisible deadline on something that doesn’t exist in my mind for him.”

Things have been trending up for Donald since the start of training camp as he has worked out on his own to see if he can get that itch to commit to returning. This all came to be after the team acquired Myles Garrett in a blockbuster trade with the Cleveland Browns, giving them the modern-day version of Donald as the scariest defensive player in the game.

Donald has hinted in the past that he would come out of retirement to play with a game-changer like Garrett, and the possibility of that happening appears to be increasing by the day.

Donald last played for the Rams in 2023, and although he is 35 now, McVay previously said his first workout with the team was as good as expected.

Kobie Turner excited about potential Aaron Donald return

One person who is excited to potentially reunite with Donald is fellow defensive tackle Kobie Turner, who discussed how crazy it would be for him to suit up again for the Rams again.

“That’d be crazy,” Turner recently said. “I know he’s been messing around with it. … Having 95 (Garrett) out here does some things. … To have two historic defensive players on that line together and to have the rest of us who are trying to build up our reputation and to build to that greatness they have garnered, I think that’d be cool for L.A.”

Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Share 0
TAGGED:Aaron DonaldLos Angeles Rams
ByMatt Borelli
Matt Borelli covers the Los Angeles Rams as a staff writer for Rams Newswire and additionally writes about the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Dodgers for Lakers Nation and Dodger Blue, respectively. He also contributes to RaidersNewswire.com. Follow him on Twitter: @mcborelli.

Categories

  • News
  • Rumors
  • Games
  • History

Information

  • Advertise
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
© 2026 Medium Large Sports Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?